If you have online linked Aadhaar number with PAN card can be logging in to Income Tax e-Filing Portal. There are two ways to do this on an income tax portal.
- Without logging in to your account
- Logging in to your account
1. Without logging in to your account:
- First, open the Browser then go to www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
- after seeing the Quick Links option on Left side. Then click on the “Link Aadhaar” option.
- Enter the following details:
1. PAN Number
2. Aadhaar Number
3. Name exactly mentioned in the Aadhar card (avoid spelling mistakes)
- After entering the details, click on Submit. The post verification link will be confirmed by UIDAI.
- In case of any minor misunderstandings provided, Aadhaar OTP will be required. Please check that the date of birth, Full name and other detail in PAN and Aadhaar are exactly the same. In the rare case where the Aadhaar name is completely different from the name in the PAN, then this online linking will fail.
2. Logging in to your account:
- First, go to www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
- if you are not already registered. Then click on the “Register yourself” button on the right side.
- Login to the Income Tax e-Filing Portal by entering the ID number, password, and date of birth.
- After you are logging in to the site then a pop-up window will appear asking you to link your Aadhar card to the PAN card. If you don’t see the popup, go to the site blue tab on the top bar named ‘Profile Settings’ click. then open the pop-up menu clicks the ‘Link Aadhaar’.
- Details like the name as per pan details, date of birth as per pan detail, gender as per pan detail will be mentioned in advance as per the details submitted at the time of registration on the e-filing portal. Check the details on the screen with the details specified on your Aadhar card.
- If all details are matched, then enter your Aadhaar number and captcha code and click on the “Link now” button.
- then see a pop-up message on your screen will inform you that your Aadhaar number has been successfully linked to your Income Tax Returns.